Re: Move table - New schema

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: António Rodrigues <n(dot)marxco(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move table - New schema
Date: 2012-09-18 13:37:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On 09/18/2012 03:48 AM, António Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> (newbie question)
>
> I'm trying to move a set of tables between schemas.
>
> Tried:
>
> ALTER TABLE tablename
> SET SCHEMA schemaname
>
> It gives me error: "schema schemaname does not exist" (it does)

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-altertable.html

"You must own the table to use ALTER TABLE. To change the schema of a
table, you must also have CREATE privilege on the new schema"

Are you doing the above as the owner of the table and does the owner
have CREATE privileges on the new schema?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com