Re: Mac version can't dump/restore

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mac version can't dump/restore
Date: 2006-03-17 13:06:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mar 17, 2006, at 3:14 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> Gotta say I'm slightly surprised to see you here offering advice,
> though
> of course you're more than welcome :-)

Well, some may see it as I'm helping my primary (and free)
competition. Although I certainly need a number of features that
pgAdmin already has, after I get those done I'll be focusing on
things that I don't expect will be in pgAdmin any time soon. I'm much
more interested in tools to support complex database application
development. For me, pgAdmin's model of big lists of objects in
alphabetical order does not support this very well.

But pgAdmin is a very nice administration tool and I'm happy to help
where I can. If I have a good tool for administration, I can spend
more time working on other features I would like to have for
application development.

Thanks for your continued efforts and especially for supporting the Mac.

John

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL