Table auditing / Pg/tcl help

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Table auditing / Pg/tcl help
Date: 2008-01-02 16:32:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi people,

I've been trying to set up table auditing using a tcl function and a
trigger. I followed the guide here to start with:

http://www.alberton.info/postgresql_table_audit.html

The thing is we have multiple fields in our primary keys so I need to
change it to handle them all. I was thinking for now to just set
pk_name like "fieldName1,field2Name" and pk_value to
"fieldvalue1,fieldvalue2" etc.

The script runs the query:

"SELECT a.attname AS pk_name FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a,
pg_index i WHERE c.relname = '$tgname' AND c.oid=i.indrelid AND
a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = i.indexrelid AND i.indisprimary='t'"

which should produce a list of the values. It then does:

#get PK value
foreach field $TG_relatts {
if {[string equal -nocase [lindex [array get NEW $field] 0]
$pk_name]} {
set pk_value [lindex [array get NEW $field] 1]
break;
}
}

Which I presume just gets the first value, then breaks. I want to get
them all and put them into a comma separated string. So (baering in
mind I've not touched tcl before) I changed this to:

#get PK value
foreach field $TG_relatts {
if {[string equal -nocase [lindex [array get NEW $field] 0]
$pk_name]} {
if {[string length $pk_value] > 0} {
append pk_value "," [lindex [array get NEW $field] 1]
append pk_list "," $pk_name
} else {
set pk_value [lindex [array get NEW $field] 1]
set pk_list $pk_name
}
#break;
}
}

But it didn't work, so I guess I'm missing something.

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/