9.2rc1 build requirements

From: Joe Abbate <jma(at)freedomcircle(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.2rc1 build requirements
Date: 2012-08-30 20:18:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello hackers,

In order to test 9.2rc1, I had to build contrib (because Pyrseas uses
some of those modules). The build instructions
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/install-procedure.html )
state the way to build everything (contrib + docs, etc.) is

gmake world

Unfortunately, that failed because the doc build requires jade. I
managed to build contrib separately, but wanted to point out that jade
is not mentioned in the requirements page
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/install-requirements.html ).
In fact, searching for 'jade' returns no results.

As an aside, I installed jade (on Debian) and tried to make world but
got several errors, starting with the following:

jade -wall -wno-unused-param -wno-empty -wfully-tagged -D . -D . -d
stylesheet.dsl -t sgml -i output-html -V html-index postgres.sgml
jade:E: unknown warning type "fully-tagged"

Best regards,

Joe