Re: BUG #6758: ./configure script sets HAVE_WCSTOMBS_L 1

From: Andrew Hastie <andrew(at)ahastie(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6758: ./configure script sets HAVE_WCSTOMBS_L 1
Date: 2012-08-29 16:43:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Following up on getting PG built on AIXv7.1, I too have hit the same
issue reported in BUG #6758.

The posting of Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:13:03 states that the problem does
*not* occur using the IBM xlc v12 compiler but *does* occur using the
v11 compiler.
From what I have seen, the same issue still exists with the v12 compiler.

Here's the version info I see from xlc:-
$ xlc -qversion
IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V12.1 (5765-J02, 5725-C72)
Version: 12.01.0000.0000

AIX is at version 7.1.0.0

I've applied the same "workaround" documented in this bug, and then the
build succeeds OK.

I'm currently working on a project where I need to get PGv9.1 up and
running on an IBM AIXv7.1 server, so I do have access to a suitable
machine for a period of time if I can provide any further diags to help
resolve the issue. I'll try and see if I can get longer term access to
this in order to participate in the build farm, but it may not be
possible "politically" where I work.

I'm more a Java/JDBC type person and can't confess to being a C guru, so
please make any follow-up requests for extra diags as simple as possible
please ;-)

Andrew