Re: BUG #6722: Debugger broken?

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: kargor <karlgorton(at)gmx(dot)at>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6722: Debugger broken?
Date: 2012-08-13 08:20:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 13.08.2012 10:42, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> On 09.08.2012 17:55, Dave Page wrote:

>>> It uses the head of the PRE_9_2 branch.
>>
>> Ok. So, why is pldbgapi.control file not included? It's there in the
>> repository, and "make install" copies it to share/extension.
>
> If it's there in the repo, then it shouldn't be. The PRE_9_2 branch of
> code is supposed to be how things looked *before* you started your
> work - it's the stable branch that we're building the< 9.2 installers
> from, and certainly shouldn't have been "extensionised", or had any
> other changes made to it except for bug fixes.

Then that was a misunderstanding when we discussed that back in May then
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2012-05/msg00022.php).
How do you prefer to resolve that now? The extensionised code in PRE_9_2
branch should work on 9.1, if you include all the right files in the
installer, including the control file. Or, we can create a new "real"
pre-9.2 branch at the point before I started any of this work. Or at the
point just before the commit that turned it into an extension. All the
commits prior to that seem fairly harmless, but would need to test that
it works on all supported platforms and server versions.

--
Heikki Linnakangas