Re: BUG #7485: 9.2 beta3 libxml2 can't be loaded on Windows

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: rikard(dot)pavelic(at)zg(dot)htnet(dot)hr
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7485: 9.2 beta3 libxml2 can't be loaded on Windows
Date: 2012-08-08 11:30:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 08/08/2012 06:24 PM, rikard(dot)pavelic(at)zg(dot)htnet(dot)hr wrote:

> Bug reference: 7485
> Logged by: Rikard Pavelic
> Email address: rikard(dot)pavelic(at)zg(dot)htnet(dot)hr
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system: Windows
>
> This is still an issue as reported in
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-05/msg00231.php
>
> While on topic of XML is there any workaround for this?
> CREATE TABLE data (id int, x xml);
> SELECT t FROM data t GROUP BY t;
>
> I'm not really sure what operator to create. I'm fine with xml being
> compared like text
Your report confuses me somewhat. You've linked to an issue that is
extremely specific to one particular PostgreSQL version without
providing the version you are using or details about your OS. You then
mention the need to create an operator, which seems to have nothing to
do with the problem you linked to.

Please follow up with:

- Your PostgreSQL version
- How you installed PostgeSQL (ie the EnterpriseDB installer, from
source, .zip install)
- The error message you are getting and the command(s) that cause it
- A description of the problem you are having

--
Craig Ringer