Re: Tablespace limit feature

From: Alejandro Carrillo <fasterzip(at)yahoo(dot)es>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tablespace limit feature
Date: 2014-11-04 19:09:16
Lists: pgsql-general

But This feature is very necessary to control the amount space expensed by a postgresql user or tablespace. This feature could be used in PostgreSQL Sharing Hosting, see: Shared Database Hosting - PostgreSQL wiki

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| Shared Database Hosting - PostgreSQL wikiThe objective of this page is to provide a place to exchange ideas on howbest to run PostgreSQL in a shared hosting environment as suggested here. |
| |
| Ver en wiki.postgresql.org | Vista previa por Yahoo |
| |
|   |

El Martes 4 de noviembre de 2014 12:35, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> escribió:

* Guillaume Lelarge (guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info) wrote:
> Yeah. I guess there are a lot of questions yet to be answered. But AFAIUI,
> there's no real technical issue. More like discussions to agree on what it
> should do and how.

Didn't mean to imply there was some specific technical issue.  We have
other limits (temp_file_limit), after all.  I think the bigger issue
will be convincing others that it's a useful enough feature to warrent
the infrastucture to support it (a new catalog table would be needed,
for one thing).  I'm all for it, but others may not be.

    Thanks,

        Stephen