Re: Form Design Advice

From: "Ross Gohlke" <ross(at)grinz(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Form Design Advice
Date: 2005-03-04 16:39:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

>>Code your form manually with the proper element names. Add a hidden
element for each visible element to pass the field's type for validation

>>purposes.
>
> This should be in an additional table in the database, not on the form.
Otherwise the end users can send back incorrect types to check against
which could potentially be a security issue.

I'm not sure I understand. How could a user send incorrect data types if
the types are included as hidden fields? Since the variables are
declared as coming from $_POST, they cannot send anything in the URL.