Adding probes for smgr

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding probes for smgr
Date: 2012-07-28 07:34:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm thinking of adding new probes to trace smgr activities.

In this implementation, I just found that md.c has its own probes
within it, but I'm wondering why we do not have those probes
within the generic smgr routines itself.

Which would be a better choice?

Any ideas or comments?

Regards,
--
Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
Uptime Technologies, LLC. http://www.uptime.jp