Re: data from the table is getting dropped when I am restarting my application after making changes in the objects created in my application in play

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: rajonrole(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data from the table is getting dropped when I am restarting my application after making changes in the objects created in my application in play
Date: 2012-07-19 03:55:05
Lists: pgsql-general

On 07/19/2012 03:19 AM, rajonrole(at)gmail(dot)com wrote:
> I am creating one application using play in the models I had created a table and everything is working fine except when i make changes in any of the object(fields) all the previous data in the database is getting dropped how to recover that

You're better off asking the Play! framework people.

If you want to investigate it from the database side, set
log_statement='all' in postgresql.conf, reload or restart PostgreSQL,
and run your test. Now examine the logs and trace what the framework
did. Check to see if:

- It ever connects to PostgreSQL at all. You might be using an in-memory
h2 or derby instance and just think you're using PostgreSQL

- It ever inserts any data

- It ever commits its transactions

If you confirm that it's getting its data into PostgreSQL, you then need
to look and see if it's deleting it again by checking the log for DELETE
and TRUNCATE statements.

It could also be re-creating your tables every time it runs. Check for
"CREATE TABLE" statements.

--
Craig Ringer