Re: pgAdmin3 beta version

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin3 beta version
Date: 2003-05-04 08:38:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

It's rumoured that Jean-Michel POURE once said:
> Dear friends,
>
> 1) I am testing pgAdmin3 binary version compiled for Suse. When I try
> to connect to a PostgreSQL 7.3 server, I get :
>
> 2003-05-04 09:41:58 ERROR : Error connecting to the server: The
> PostgreSQL server must be at least version 7,3!

Odd. Do any of your local settings use , in place of . in numerics?

> Should I use pgAdmin3 latest CVS version?

Always in the development cycle, but I don't think it will fix this problem.

> 2) Is there a .spec file available in CVS? I would like to compile
> pgAdmin3 for RedHat 8.0 and 9.0.

No. See my email of about 5 minutes ago to get help on that sort of thing.
The easiest way to compile is to follwo the instructions in the README at
the top of the source tree. They should be *roughly* correct.
Email if you get stuck.

Regards, Dave.