Re: Atomic rename feature for Windows.

From: Victor Spirin <v(dot)spirin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Atomic rename feature for Windows.
Date: 2022-04-05 22:39:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

Updated patch: we use the posix semantic features in Windows build 17763
and up.
We found an issue with this feature on Windows Server 2016 without
updates (Windows 1607 Build 14393)

Victor Spirin
Postgres Professional:http://www.postgrespro.com
The Russian Postgres Company

05.07.2021 16:53, Victor Spirin пишет:
> Hi
>
> I used the SetFileInformationByHandle function with the
> FILE_RENAME_FLAG_POSIX_SEMANTICS flag for the file rename function..
>
> 1) The _WIN32_WINNT variable needs to be increased to 0x0A00 (Windows
> 10).  Fixed conflict with #undef CHECKSUM_TYPE_NONE
>
> 2) The SetFileInformationByHandle function works correctly only on
> Windows 10 and higher.
>
> The app must have a manifest to check the Windows version using the
> IsWindows10OrGreater() function. I added a manifest to all postgres
> projects and disabled the GenerateManifest option on windows projects.
>
> This patch related to this post:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D0FV-k%2B%3Dd9z08cW%3DZXoR1%3Dkw9wdpkP6WAuOrKJdz-8ujg%40mail.gmail.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
rename_master16.patch text/plain 7.6 KB