Re: DBD-pg - server closed the connection unexpectedly

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DBD-pg - server closed the connection unexpectedly
Date: 2007-03-09 13:44:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 03:20 PM 3/7/07, Tom Lane wrote:

>Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca> writes:
> > Here is a portion of my script. The system() call executes successfully
> > once, then script crashes. Any ideas why this would happen.
>
>What shows up in the postmaster log? Can you get a stack trace from the
>(presumably) crashing backend?

Backend is not crashing. When I looked at log on this busy system, I found
out this version is producing numerous warnings about escape sequences in
other scripts. I will attempt to clean that up; so I can isolate
messages. I see a few messages about "unexpected EOF on client
connection"; but I am not certain that they are from my problem script.

I will also try Greg's suggestion about creating a "simple reproducible
test case".

BTW: is there a way to timestamp the messages in log?