Re: How to get a result in one row

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get a result in one row
Date: 2006-06-21 19:15:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

At 02:24 PM 6/21/06, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> > >I'd like to get the result in only one row:
> > > id | nick
> > >------+------
> > >22192 | A,T
> > This question is in the archives (probably more than once). The answer
> is...>
> > Read the online docs about aggregate functions. There is an example that
> > does (almost) exactly what you are asking.
>
>Where you referring to the tread regarding the LTREE contrib module for
>postgresql?
>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-06/msg00745.php
>
>I know I've seen this done using cursors in PL-PGSQL, but I would be
>interested if there was a
>solution with pre-existing aggregates.

I was referring to threads like:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2004-10/msg00124.php
and threads on 9.Feb.2006 and 11.Mar.2006, which are on my system, but not
on the above archive site. The various threads point to this page:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/xaggr.html
Specifically the "array_accum" function on that page.