dump and schema

From: van Elsacker Frans <fve(at)atbib(dot)be>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dump and schema
Date: 2003-12-15 15:33:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a problem with date default and schema's and don't know wether I am
doing something wrong or not.

All my tables (more than 100) have a field datumi of type date default
today, as this example:
CREATE TABLE tabel (
datumi date DEFAULT 'today',
);
taking a dump or a schema of this table via pg_dump and restoring or using
it went fine

Now I am using postgres 7.4 and making a schema (and also the table in a
dump gave this result)
CREATE TABLE tabel(
datumi date DEFAULT '2003-12-10'::date,
);

which is not expected for a schema. Even worse by restoring a dump, all my
new records have this fixed date in the field datumi.
Something has changed? I do it in the wrong way? Is there a solution ?

many thanks