Re: What could be the cause?

From: "Yann(dot)G" <Yann(dot)G(at)ifrance(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What could be the cause?
Date: 2003-02-19 19:12:03
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

At 20:42 2/18/2003, Jason Tishler wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 11:47:37PM +0400, Yann.G wrote:
>> I am getting /bin/sh not found while ./configure PostgreSQL on cygwin.
>> What package i need to have to get it right?
>
>You need the ash package which should have been installed by default.
>
>BTW, why don't you just use the pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL that is part
>of the standard Cygwin distribution?

in fact i didn't know that there was a built in PostgreSQL in Cygwin. Still
i can't compile the package.

Well i just tried something. I put all my downloaded package on win98 (
found on C) and did an install of cygwin + ./configure of postgresql. Well
it works
Back on Win2k ( D drive) make another install of cygwin but this time on
C:\Cygwin and make a ./configure of postgresql..well
it resume to this.
./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking which template to use... win
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time s
checking whether to build with recode support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for default soft limit on number of connections.
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Yes i didn't download the gcc package ( too big for a 56k). is there any
flags that overrides this?

GRAND JEU SMS : Pour gagner un NOKIA 7650, envoyez le mot IF au 61321
(prix d'un SMS + 0.35 euro). Un SMS vous dira si vous avez gagn.
Rglement : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/sign.sms