Re: Viewing data in pgAdmin3

From: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Viewing data in pgAdmin3
Date: 2003-08-18 14:58:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

At 13:51 18.8.2003 +0100, you wrote:
> > With pgAdmin3 0.9.0 beta 1 (Aug 6 2003) I connected to a
> > database (). I executed a 'SELECT * FROM "TableName";' query
> > and it showed all the data
> > contained within the table. But when I wanted to looak at the
> > data using
> > the "View Data" option, an empty window opened up and that
> > was it. No data
> > was displayed.
> > At first I thought the problem appeared because I've tried
> > viewing data in
> > an empty table but the same occured with tables already
> > containing data.
>
>Hmm, is there a status message on the bottom of the window?

Yes, it just says "aborting." I did an Alt-PrtScr in order to take a
snapshot of the window and pgAdmin3 crashed. After anther tryout I found
out that pgAdmin3 crashed when I pressed the Alt key within the active and
empty "View data" window.
I've taken snapshots of the errors and put them here:
http://prkoritu.net/view_data_window.png -- the empty window I get after
pressing "View data"
http://prkoritu.net/view_data_error.png -- the (standard Windows) error I
get after pressing the Alt key in the above window.

> > I'm been using English language (btw: how do I translate the
> > language file to Slovene and/or is someone already doing that?). I'm
> > connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3.2, running on FreeBSD 5.0.
>
>Please see
>http://cvs.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/pgadmin3/docs/en_U
>S/translation_steps.html?rev=1.16 for details on this. If you need any
>assistance, please email the pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org list.

Thank you!

PS: Sorry for PM.

--
Lp,