installation problems

From: Ed Redman <Ed(dot)Redman(at)dal(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installation problems
Date: 2003-04-21 14:07:16
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I installed PGSqlwinna1 executable on a windows 2000 machine. Everything
works fine as the txt file Postgres7.3.1 txt doc found in the Cygwin
directory. In the fourth step

the following command will not run

cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster --args "-D
/usr/share/postgresql/data -i"
--dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT --user postgres --shutdown

error message is path doesnot point to a valid executable

I have tried 1. changing to /bin/postmaster instead but get the same results.
I would really appreciate some help. I would like to run postgresql on this
windows machine.

thanks

Ed. Redman
Systems Manager