Got it! Re: cygserver fails with "failed to create named pipe,fatal error on IPC transport"

From: David Riggs <dariggs(at)nichibun(dot)ac(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Got it! Re: cygserver fails with "failed to create named pipe,fatal error on IPC transport"
Date: 2004-07-06 07:38:42
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

The problem was that I double started cygserver, which cause it to lock up,
I guess.

The point is, when you run the cygserver-install script, it puts an entry
in Start->control panel->Administrative functions->Services, and so
apparently when you start up Cygwin, it automatically starts cygserver.

Not realizing this, I started cygserver manually, which claimed that it had
failed, but actually did not shut down, so there were two processes
running. Anyway, if I just start postmaster it works.

Thanks Mike and others. I think I got it now. On to the database matters!!

David

Kyoto