Re: Where are user defined functions stored?

From: Hilary Forbes <hforbes(at)dmr(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where are user defined functions stored?
Date: 2005-09-23 16:18:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom

Many thanks. Suppose I now want to know if there are any user defined functions set up in my database? I was rather hoping I could do something simple like

\df

to get a list of **user** defined functions rather as \dt gives me a list of my tables and not the complete list of all the system tables as well. Is there a way of achieving this?

Hilary

At 10:40 23/09/2005 -0400, you wrote:

>Hilary Forbes <hforbes(at)dmr(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
>> How can I easily get to see the definition of a user defined function
>> please?
>
>Look in pg_proc.
>
> regards, tom lane

> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

Hilary Forbes
The DMR Information and Technology Group (www.dmr.co.uk)
Direct tel 01689 889950 Fax 01689 860330
DMR is a UK registered trade mark of DMR Limited