Re: Performance advice

From: Hilary Forbes <hforbes(at)dmr(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance advice
Date: 2003-06-25 08:12:24
Lists: pgsql-performance

PM4JI but from my point of view this has been a most useful thread. I too have found it difficult to find the right bit of documentation on performance. I *think* what is needed is some sort of a route map, Poor Performance - start here. Then some questions with sections of the documentation you should go to.

Hilary

At 13:00 24/06/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>> configure it properly and trial & error. I do think the documentation could
>> be enhanced a bit here, but I'm sure there are some users who don't make
>
>Do you have any specific thoughts about documentation? Areas of
>confusion? Was it difficult to find the information in question, or was
>it simply unavailable?
>
>--
>Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
>
>PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Hilary Forbes
DMR Computer Limited: http://www.dmr.co.uk/
Direct line: 01689 889950
Switchboard: (44) 1689 860000 Fax: (44) 1689 860330
E-mail: hforbes(at)dmr(dot)co(dot)uk