Re: Getting to learn libpqxx

From: Michiel Lange <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>
To: "Matt Fitzgerald" <mfitzgerald75(at)optushome(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "'Michiel Lange'" <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting to learn libpqxx
Date: 2003-04-10 20:59:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ok... here are some answers:

Yes, pqxx/connection.h is in the include path, the errormessage I would get
would be very different...

I compile the source with gcc: gcc source.cpp -o source
the libraries should be in place, I placed them in /usr/local/lib (and ran
ldconfig)

I will try the #include <sstream.h> (I believe you forgot the .h), but from
what I remember the
char foo[234];

foo = bar << "blah" << bla;

would be perfectly valid... but I can be mistaken... I will try your
suggestion and see if it will help...
yet, the problem that the declaration (Connstring *db;) is not valid...

Michiel