views and rules

From: Michiel Lange <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: views and rules
Date: 2002-11-30 10:55:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello folks,

I hoped to be a smart-*ss, so I created a nice view to view a specific part
of my table with joins from another table,
but when I tried to edit the data, I got the message that I needed a good
ruleset... what does that mean? what kind of rules does it mean? I cannot
create rules on views... only on tables...

Can someone help me out?