Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database

From: Tim Finch <pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr
Cc: "Steve Slatcher" <steve_slatcher(at)scientia(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL and Cygwin as production database
Date: 2002-04-16 09:54:21
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

At 10:01 16/04/2002 +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Cygwin is a POSIX emulation layer which works perfectly. The only concern

Quite a bold claim to say it works perfectly. I agree its pretty stable as
I have had few problems with cygwin...

>Anyway, Cygwin + PostgreSQL still remains faster than any open-source
>databases available under Windows.

Another interesting claim - speed of databases is such a subjective issue.
Interestingly this article compared a bunch of databases on a Windows
platform, but clearly no-one told the reviewers about PostgreSQL on Windows
as another alternative.

http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=708&a=23115,00.asp

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd