WinCVS...uuurggh

From: Tim Finch <pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WinCVS...uuurggh
Date: 2002-03-14 17:39:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi, I am not getting on very well with winCVS. I have now tried the
username/password Dave you sent me, it seems to log in ok (says CVS exited
with status 0 so I presume it logs in). However the interface is very
cryptic. I worked out that I see MY local copy of the CVS tree, not whats
on the server.

1. How can I see the files, and especially the new folder you have created
for us, on the server? I have managed to check out the dev folder by your
instructions, add a test text file, and commit so I am getting there..!

2. How do I tell winCVS to download all the new stuff from CVS (pgAdminII,
pgSchema etc.) that you & Jean-Michel have done in the last few days to
update my local copies? I tried checking out the pgAdmin folder again but
it said for each file 'blah-deblah is in the way) - surely it should be
working out what's old and new and updating it...?

I wanted to download the latest stuff before getting back into doing a bit
more on the project.

Bit by bit, step by step, we are sloooowly getting there! Thanks for your
help guys. Sorry I'm cutting my "open-source-development-teeth" on you guys.

Tim.