PGSTAT : COnnection Refused Error (pgsql 7.2-2 on cygwin 1.3.9+)

From: "Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd" <tim(at)fosterfinch(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGSTAT : COnnection Refused Error (pgsql 7.2-2 on cygwin 1.3.9+)
Date: 2002-03-03 21:33:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason, & others on the list,

I have reinstalled cygwin today in an attempt to clear the error I was having.

I have reinstalled cygwin, and put on a post 1.3.9 snapshot of the dll as
suggested to fix the psql problem. I put on cygipc as directed.
I followed Jason's text file (NT portion) at
http://tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.README.txt
to reinstall. It all goes well until the line to 'net start postmaster'
whereby the postmaster starts and stops immediately.

The only line in the log file says

PGSTAT: connect(2): Connection refused

timed at the point when I tried to start the postmaster.

Hmmm. something simple I guess but I am now at a loss. I did have 7.1.3
working fine before using same version of cygwin.
Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks
Tim.