Re: ODBC connection stopped working.

From: Neal Lindsay <neal(dot)lindsay(at)peaofohio(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC connection stopped working.
Date: 2001-08-22 09:50:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

At 11:10 PM 8/21/01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>Neal Lindsay <neal(dot)lindsay(at)peaofohio(dot)com> writes:
> > 010821.21:21:08.905 [2795] NOTICE: LockReleaseAll: xid table corrupted
>
> > Does anyone know what the "LockReleaseAll: xid table corrupted" line
> means?
>
>Bad things :-(. If you can give a reproducible example that causes
>that, I'd be glad to look into it.
>
> regards, tom lane

That bad, eh? :-( I am trying to copy the data to a parallel installation
right now. The only thing that I can think of that I might have done wrong
is deleting and redefining functions used in views. I didn't even think
about it at the time, but views probably refer to the oid of the function
and not the name (am I right?). Of course, I could be totally
off-track. What is this xid table, anyway? How do I find it? I'll try to
get you a reproducible method to get this error, but I'm kinda' poking
around in the dark here.

-Neal Lindsay