Re: Compiling

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Mike Cannon-Brookes <mcannon(at)internet(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling
Date: 2001-03-29 08:43:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

At 22:35 25/03/01 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Peter Mount writes:

> > > file
> > >
> > >You aren't running 'ant' directly, are you? Just run 'make'.
> >
> > Unless it's changed build.xml should have defaults for these, but make
> > should then overide them.
>
>The version numbers used to be hardcoded into the source. I thought we
>were supposed to get rid of this. We could provide defaults like '0.0',
>but anything else is going to get us back to were we started.

Correct, the source (Driver.java.in) is setup in that way (ant inserts
several parameters into it). It's just that build.xml has a couple of
defaults in there to allow ant to run on it's own. Configure overides those
values.

Ideally they should be removed (I was thinking of after 7.1final was out)
but we have to make the change slowly otherwise a lot of people will wonder
why their calls to ant are failing, and I get enough emails as it is ;-)

PeterM