Re: CORBA and PG

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: John Reid <jgreid(at)uow(dot)edu(dot)au>, Franck Martin <franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, FMaps Developers <fmaps-devel(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: CORBA and PG
Date: 2001-03-12 20:08:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 12:37 07/03/01 +1100, John Reid wrote:
>Hi,
>
>This was mentioned a while back on this list (pg hackers) - thanks to whoever
>provided the pointer :-) I have not yet looked at it in depth, though
>that is high
>on my list of TO-DO's. It is released under an apache style licence. Any
>reason
>why there are no pointers to it on the PostgreSQL related projects or
>interfaces
>pages?

Probably no one's asked to put it on there ;-)

Actually there's quite a few projects out there that use PostgreSQL and
don't say so here or register it on the web site, hence the lack of links...

Peter

>project page: http://4suite.org/index.epy
>docs on ODMG support:
>http://services.4Suite.org/documents/4Suite/4ODS-userguide
>
> From project page:
>"4Suite is a collection of Python tools for XML processing and object database
>management. It provides support for XML parsing, several transient and
>persistent
>DOM implementations, XPath expressions, XPointer, XSLT transforms, XLink,
>RDF and
>ODMG object databases.

Hmmm, nothing to do with postgres but I think I may have seen a demo of
this about a month back. If it was that, it was pretty interesting...

Peter