Re: PostgresqlDataSource

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgresqlDataSource
Date: 2001-03-01 21:16:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

At 13:50 27/02/01 -0800, Peter T. Brown wrote:
>I am trying to use Castor (castor.exolab.org). It requires that I use JDBC
>(and specifically the postgresqldatasource class). I have downloaded the
>postgresql-7.1beta5 src. Whenever I try to build the postgresql.jar using
>ant I get:

snip
/home/peter/postgresql-7.1beta5/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/xa/Test.j
>ava:24: cannot resolve symbol

snip

>I have also tried to use the jdbc rpm for 7.1beta, but this does NOT include
>PostgresqlDataSource. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or where I
>can find a jar containing everything I need??

Delete Test.java. It's an old test class written by the author of
PostgresqlDataSource and the xa package, and it doens't compile any more.

It's not needed. As I'm doing a commit tomorrow morning, I'll get rid of
that file then.

PS: I've had reports of it working fine with JBoss, so I'll be interested
to hear if it works with other systems as well.

Peter