Re: great work!

From: Joerg Hessdoerfer <Joerg(dot)Hessdoerfer(at)sea-gmbh(dot)com>
To: "Ryan Bailey" <rebel(at)windriders(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: great work!
Date: 2000-10-23 12:43:52
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi!

At 16:23 21.10.00 -0500, you wrote:
>Thank you for your hard work putting together the NT postgress installer -
>it all worked fine on windows 2000...except.
>

>After we installed the program called PGAccess quit working. we had to
>reload two of its .dlls libpgctl.dll and pgctl.dll to get it running again.
>Then when I spent time in the postgress on windows it kept freezing up on me
>and I had to reboot several times.
>
>My question to you, is your installation touching those .dlls? are others
>having this same problem and do you have a resolution to the freezing? (by
>freezing, I mean no response in the cygwin window when using postgress after
>awhile)

Ooops - both effects seem strange. No, the install doesn't touch libpgtcl.dll
or pgtcl.dll - it's a build without tcl support enabled (so these libs are
plainly
not built and distributed).

Regarding the lockup, after what time is this happening? Is it deterministic?
Does it happen when there's no access to the database? Can you determine
which process
hangs, i.e. can you open another psql or PGaccess session to any database
on the machine?

I didn't hear of that, yet. (I use pg only a few hours a day on WIN NT, we
have our
prod servers on Linux).

Besides, could be a WIN 2000 issue...

Greetings, Joerg