Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Early WIP/PoC for inlining CTEs
Date: 2019-01-27 18:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/26/19 11:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:> Hearing no immediate pushback on
that proposal, I went ahead and made
> a version of the patch that does it like that, as attached. I also took
> a stab at documenting it fully.

Thanks! This version of the patch looks solid, including the
documentation. The only remaining question I see is the one Andrew
raised about if we should change the language to allow for future
versions of PostgreSQL to add costing for when the same CTE is
referenced multiple times.

Andreas