Re: PG 12 beta 1 segfault during analyze

From: Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 12 beta 1 segfault during analyze
Date: 2019-06-18 11:57:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/18/19 12:32 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Steve Singer <steve(at)ssinger(dot)info> writes:
>> The attached patch fixes the issue.
> Hmm, that's a pretty obvious mistake :-( but after some fooling around
> I've not been able to cause a crash with it. I wonder what test case
> you were using, on what platform?
>
> regards, tom lane

I was running the slony regression tests.  The crash happened when it
tries to replicate a particular table that already has data in it on the
replica.  It doesn't happen with every table and  I haven't been able to
replicate the crash in as self contained test by manually doing similar
steps to just that table with psql.

This is on x64.