Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x
Date: 2017-11-28 16:55:11
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello Peter,
28.11.2017 19:02, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> What is the standalonetext attribute? I don't see that in the DTD.
> Wouldn't that fail validation?
I've added it to postgres.sgml as allowed by DocBook standard:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AddProfileAtt.html
+<!ENTITY % local.effectivity.attrib "standalonetext CDATA #IMPLIED">

> Also, the makefile fragments need to be written differently. You can't
> use pipes; that would not catch any errors.

I believe, that the last xsltproc will fail in case of error in previous
command(s) as it will not get valid xml. For example, if sed failed with
error, I get:
-:1: parser error : Document is empty

Best regards,
------