Re: Strategies for validating WAL-shipping replication

From: wstrzalka <wstrzalka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strategies for validating WAL-shipping replication
Date: 2008-10-20 08:08:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

There is not such a possibility. However it's on TODO list:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
I'm waiting for this feature too.

I can understand your fear about the data, that you can not query for
it. I had the same :)
So script as much as you can, for the rest create a formal procedure -
then repeat it few times and check if everything is correct. After
several tries you'll believe your data are safe. I've a good comfort
level with this.
You can also check & resetup your production from time to time.