Re: pgAdmin Crashes After Changing Timezone Setting

From: "Rommel the iCeMAn" <icecrew(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PgAdmin Support" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Crashes After Changing Timezone Setting
Date: 2008-03-18 19:06:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

> I've fixed the bug in pgAdmin for 1.8.3

Where can I download 1.8.3? I just visited the download page but I am
only seeing links for 1.8.2.

> (hint: edit the timezone setting, not TimeZone)

I don't understand. Am I not supposed to modify the line #timezone =
unknown so that it reads timezone = 'America/Barbados'? Please
explain.

> Iirc, the timezone can only be changed with a full restart of
> PostgreSQL, so you need to stop and start the service, not just tell
> it to reload the config file.

That was exactly what I did when the config reload failed. Restarting
the service didn't work either. I'll try it again.

Thanks for the input so far.