Re: -bugs moderators

From: Joshua Tolley <eggyknap(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: -bugs moderators
Date: 2010-03-24 03:27:42
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:30:53PM +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 02:32:38PM +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> >
> > Who else is moderating -bugs except me? I want to make sure that I'm not
> > the only person there.
>
> what does it take to be a moderator?

Emails requiring moderation get sent to you first (this includes, AIUI, emails
sent from addresses that aren't subscribed to the list). If the email should
be forwarded to the list, you respond to that email with the "accept" command.
I was taught that other emails are generally ignored, rather than explicitly
rejected, though explicit rejections are also possible.

I remember reading a thread somewhere that said not all messages on a list are
sent to all moderators; I don't know what particular magic the moderation
software uses exactly.

I'm not moderating other lists, but the spam load on -bugs, as Greg pointed
out, is pretty high.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation