Re: psql: add \pset true/false

From: "Daniel Verite" <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
To: "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Peter Geoghegan" <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Marko Tiikkaja" <marko(at)joh(dot)to>, "PostgreSQL hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql: add \pset true/false
Date: 2015-12-02 08:33:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier wrote:

> So, looking at this thread, here is the current status:
> - Tom Lane: -1
> - Michael Paquier: -1
> - Peter Geoghegan: +1?
> - Peter Eisentraut: +1
> - the author: surely +1.
> Any other opinions? Feel free to correct this list if needed, and then
> let's try to move on on a consensus if need be to decide the destiny
> of this patch.

In the positive case, the doc should warn somehow about the setting
not being effective when the boolean is inside:
- a field of ROW() type
- an array
- \copy or COPY output
- a field of composite type

(personally this list of exceptions makes me side with the "-1" team).

Other than that, minor typos to fix (s/prined/printed):

+ fprintf(output, _(" true set the string to be prined
in place of a TRUE value\n"));
+ fprintf(output, _(" false set the string to be prined
in place of a FALSE value\n"));

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité