Re: How to implement backup protocol

From: "Michael Nolan" <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to implement backup protocol
Date: 2006-11-28 17:42:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't see where doing the backup directly to another computer increases
your safety margin, it may even lower it due to the increased potential for
network issues messing up the backup cycle. Do it locally then SCP the
completed (and compressed) file to another computer, which is what I do.
(In fact I send it to THREE different computers in two physical locations,
including one 900 miles away.)

On 11/28/06, Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee> wrote:

> My environment is a bit different. For safety, I need to create backups to
> separate computer over over internet.
>
> --
Mike Nolan