pgAdminIII / pg_dump version mismatch

From: agnul <sucrabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdminIII / pg_dump version mismatch
Date: 2008-07-30 15:59:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm running a postgres 8.3.3 server on a linux machine in the closet
and pgAdminIII 1.8.4 on the XP workstation on my desktop. Whenever I
try to do a backup using pgAdminIII I get an error message about
pg_dump being version 8.3.0, and therefore incompatible with my
server. Oddly enough restores work fine.

How do I fix this? Should I install the whole psql server on the XP
box and tell pgAdmin to look for binaries there or is there another
way? A list of the files I need to borrow from the server installation
and replace inside pgAdmin's folder maybe?

Thanks in advance,
Angelo.