Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes
Date: 2024-04-13 09:19:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 4/13/24 10:36, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While preparing a differential code coverage report between 16 and HEAD, one
> thing that stands out is the parallel brin build code. Neither on
> coverage.postgresql.org nor locally is that code reached during our tests.

Thanks for pointing this out, it's definitely something that I need to
improve (admittedly, should have been part of the patch). I'll also look
into eliminating the difference between BTREE and BRIN parallel builds,
mentioned in my last message in this thread.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company