Re: Optimal Flexible Architecture or Optimal Configuration Layout for Postgres

From: "Mark Lehmann" <mark(dot)lehmann(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Emanuel Calvo Franco" <postgres(dot)arg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Optimal Flexible Architecture or Optimal Configuration Layout for Postgres
Date: 2009-06-27 00:58:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm up to the challenge.  I'll be adding a wiki page and slowly adding to it.  Thanks for the suggestion.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre512 689-7705Emanuel Calvo Franco wrote:

2009/6/25 Mark Lehmann :
> I have been looking for a best practices layout for Postgres.
>
> The Centos and Debian distros configure the files for Postgres in different
> places.  Neither of them seem to put the files in ideal locations for
> multiple instance administration on the same or different machines.  Has
> someone already created a best practice for placing pg_xlogs, regular logs,
> data, indexes, binary code, and configuration files onto the filesystem?

I like Centos configuration. :)

Honestly i didn't see something like you describe, but it'll very cool
write a kind
of 'best admin practices'. In the wiki i found some of tuning (is the
most similar that
i found).

Want to add a page on the wiki and we add things little by little?
Just sugestion,
what do you think?

--
Emanuel Calvo Franco