Re: [ADMIN] Issue in save and retreive file in postgres

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Vishwas Dwivedi <vishwas(dot)sd(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Issue in save and retreive file in postgres
Date: 2012-06-23 11:12:24
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On 06/23/2012 02:48 PM, Vishwas Dwivedi wrote:
> I am using postgreSQL 9.1.
>
> My problem is when I retrieve pdf file data from postgreSQL and create
> a pdf
> file in temp folder of my application.
>
> The file gets created but not able to open it, shows some error.
> One more thing that in my code I am converting byte array to file
> stream when saving and retrieving file from database.
>
> both time save and retrieve, the byte array size differs. I don't know
> why?

Please reply to the list, not to me. Unfortunately the list doesn't set
reply-to.

Please provide the FULL EXACT TEXT OF THE ERROR MESSAGE by copying and
pasting it into an email.

See: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

As for byte array differences, which client library are you using? Is it
possible it's outdated and doesn't understand bytea_format=hex ? See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/datatype-binary.html .

--
Craig Ringer