Re: backup

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "lohita nama" <namalohita(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: backup
Date: 2012-06-18 17:57:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

lohita nama <namalohita(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am working as sql dba recently our team had oppurtunity to work
> on postgres databases and i had experience on sql server and on
> windows platform and now our company had postgres databases on
> solaris platform
>
> can u please suggest how to take the back up of postgress
> databases by step by step procudure

As a new user of PostgreSQL you may not yet have noticed how good
the manuals are. You should find what you need in this chapter:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/backup.html

If you are on an older version of PostgreSQL, click the link at the
top for the version you are using.

If you still have questions after reading the manual, feel free to
post with a more specific question.

-Kevin