Re: Can schemas be ordered regarding their creation time ?

From: Amador Alvarez <aalvarez(at)d2(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can schemas be ordered regarding their creation time ?
Date: 2012-06-06 20:44:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks hary and Matthias,
It is a very good idea, however the schema names are meaningful and not
allowed to be attached to a date.
Regarding the comment solution ("COMMENT ON SCHEMA x IS 'y'"), it sounds
great and I tried to run different examples without happy ending as 'y'
must be a literal string.

I ran commands like these :

comment on schema users is select to_char(current_timestamp,'DD Mon YYYY');

comment on schema users is select
quote_literal(to_char(current_timestamp,'DD Mon YYYY'));

..... and even simple concatenated strings : comment on schema users is
'a'||'b';

ERROR: syntax error at or near "||"

LINE 1: comment on schema users is 'a'||'b';

... and even with a function returning a text ... : (

Any idea on doing ("COMMENT ON SCHEMA x IS 'y'") as 'y' variable?

Thanks again,
I appreciate it a lot,
A.A.

I have been trying a lot of different options to do this :

"COMMENT ON SCHEMA x IS 'y'".