Re: Data split -- Creating a copy of database without outage

From: Amador Alvarez <aalvarez(at)d2(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data split -- Creating a copy of database without outage
Date: 2012-05-30 17:12:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi ,

I would start with a single high performance tuned database focusing
mainly on dealing efficiently with concurrent activity and identifying
the real hot spots.
If you check out that you really need to go forward on database power,
consider on adding new databases and relocate some users whenever you
need it.

Take a look on the different options related to replication, tunning and
database balancers, set up some testings and get a deeper understanding
on your real needs and performance.

A.A.