Re: BUG #6625: not sufficient privileges to start system service

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: milen_lazarov(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6625: not sufficient privileges to start system service
Date: 2012-05-29 08:58:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 05/04/2012 06:46 AM, milen_lazarov(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference: 6625
> Logged by: Milen
> Email address: milen_lazarov(at)yahoo(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0
> Operating system: windows xp
>
> i can't complete the installation process as i have persisting problem. it
> gives me the following error message: Service pgsql 8.3 failed to start.
> Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system service. where's
> the problem?

Try a current version.

Uninstall PostgreSQL. Delete the system service. Delete the `postgres`
user account using Administrative Tools from the Control Panel.

Install PostgreSQL 9.1.

If you still have problems, check to see if (a) you are an
administrators group member, (b) your computer has no domain-imposed
Group Policy, and (c) your computer doesn't have any kind of "security"
software like an antivirus suite that might be screwing things up.

--
Craig Ringer