Re: Connection-fail-over

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)jboss(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection-fail-over
Date: 2012-05-18 12:50:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 05/18/2012 07:34 AM, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:
> Thus, I believe that it would be useful to have simple failover support
> in the jdbc driver.

It is true that the application servers out there (we use
<url-delimiter> to separate servers) support this functionality.

However, I think that Mikko's suggestion is valid for applications that
aren't backed by more advanced solutions.

Maybe use special classes that extend the current ones
(driver/datasource/...) that supports this functionality such that users
can explicit choose to enable/disable it.

Best regards,
Jesper