Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Archana K N <archanakknn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php
Date: 2012-04-30 09:02:46
Lists: pgsql-php

On 30/04/2012 09:30, Archana K N wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting this error whenever I try to connect to remote computer.
> "Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could
> not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the
> server running on host "10.162.19.3" and accepting TCP/IP connections on
> port 5432? "

Things to check:

- Is Postgres actually running on the server machine?

- Is it accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432? - Check
listen_addresses in postgresql.conf

- Is there a firewall somewhere between client and server?

- Can you connect manually to the server using psql?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie